Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cheese and Beef=Heaven

I had to pack my crock pot away for a few weeks...it was just taking up too much space on my space deprived kitchen counter and the holiday baking won out...

but it's been returned to it's rightful place...

and how are we welcoming it back in style...
our favorite...
the best...the easiest...
the ChambersMade Cheddar Roast...
I actually got this recipe from my one of my oldest friends, Jennifer
(known her the longest...we met on the school bus in kindergarten...not oldest as in age...)
and I have only made one change in the recipe...

Cheddar Roast
1 beef roast (any size any type)
2 cans of condensed cheddar soup
3-5 boiler onions, sliced in half (optional...the only thing I added to the recipe)

Place all ingredients into crock pot, heat on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.

Yes, it sounds weird...sounds crazy...cheddar and beef...this is so amazingly good...the "gravy" that it makes (just the soup and the beef juices) is very good served over smashed potatoes (mashed potatoes not peeled and mixed with sour cream, butter, salt & pepper) and steamed broccoli (or any other steamed veggies that your family likes)...

No comments: