Friday, January 22, 2010

some days are just like that...

Some days you just need to eat what you're not supposed to eat...you just need to make that dessert, a cup of coffee, and curl up on the couch and go into a vegetative state...


Well, that was my Wednesday, but I didn't have time in my "no plans" Wednesday to actually do what I NEEDED to do, so instead I made one of my most favorite desserts and have been slowly devouring it bit by bit everyday since!


What makes this dessert better than most is that it's just a measure and pour and bake dish, no mixing, no folding, no chopping (unless you want to)...
and neither one of my kids like the end product so it's all mine...
well, Beau and I share since it's sort of like crack for us both!


I've posted this recipe before, but it's so yummy that I wanted to share with you again...and just so you know, I only made a half batch so I wouldn't have to eat the entire 9x13, just a 9x9!  In the previous post I called these 7 layer bars, but I've renamed them ...and this is the recipe cut in half...


Heaven in a Bar Cookie...aka 7 Layer Cookies
1 stick butter-melted
1 1/2 cups graham crackers; crumbled
1 can  sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (next time I'm going to make with dark chocolate chips!)
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 cup chopped pecans (I didn't chop them, just sort of broke a few with my fingers...walnuts or almonds can be used)
1 cup butterscotch chips

Grease 9x9 pan (or line with foil and grease foil)
Melt butter in a cake pan. Sprinkle crumbs over butter and pour Eagle brand condensed milk over the crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in the order given and press down firmly.

Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown at 350 degrees.
If pan was lined with foil, grab sides of foil and pull out of pan for easy cutting/serving of cookie.

...


Health advisory, you should probably have a normal regular workout routine in place before you introduce your taste buds to these crack cookies, because you're going to need it!



3 comments:

Grace Cartwright Aspinwall said...

thanks for your interest in the bresma oprhans! i am happy to report they are safely home in the US!!! MIRACLES HAPPEN! :)

The Smith Hotel said...

There are just some days where you need some chocolate yummy goodness! Don't just LOVE making a dessert that your kiddos don't like? I just haven't found any that my kiddos won't eat. They would eat this one for sure! I do have my secret stash of caramels with sea salt from Montana-I don't share those at all!

Chanonn said...

Mmmm....sounds good:)