Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cake Mixes Can do That???

a really fast recipe...just made some tonight with the kids...

I think similar versions are in the Cake Mix Doctor and all over the internet...but this recipe was given to me by my friend Heather Jordan...

Have to LOVE a recipe that has 3 ingredients, one step, and uses one bowl and one spoon!

Cake Mix Cookies
1 box cake mix any flavor (we like Devils Food*, Funfetti, or Lemon**)
2 eggs
1/2 oil

1.  Mix together and place spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Preheat oven @ 350, bake for 6-9 minutes...

*If using any chocolate cake mix stir in chocolate chips, or m&m's, or 1/2 tsp mint extract, or peanut butter chips...or anything that's good with chocolate!

**Roll the Lemon cookies in sugar before baking for a very decadent treat!  or dust with powder sugar when they come out and are still warm.

Options...make the cookies a little larger than normal and place a popsicle stick into the bottom of dough before baking, then dip in melted chocolate when the "pop-cookies" have cooled...great treat for a kids party!

Now, feed each kid one cookie and send them off to bed so you can finish the rest by yourself because you have worked-out great all week long...
And No, eating all the cookies wouldn't make your trips to the Y pointless...
just the opposite in fact
...it would have made them VERY useful...
because without the trips to the Y there is no way you could justify eating 2 dozen chocolate cookies all by yourself...
and is it really all by myself if Agatha Christie is in bed with me and my cookies???

1 comment:

The Smith Hotel said...

Love your logic!!!! You must have been craving some chocolate. I could polish off a whole pan of brownies myself. And yes-why do sweet things and mysteries go together so well??? I have that recipe to use cake mix into cookies but somehow I always end up making the cupcakes instead. I could eat all of those too by myself!!!