Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu for Jan 18-24th

It's a lazy Monday....it just happens to be a "3-day weekend" but smack dab in the middle is a Sunday, so that's a "work day" for both my husband and me...and it ended up being a long Sunday for me...
I was tired, it was rainy...
More kids in class...I wasn't prepared like I should have been...
It was more emotional than I had expected, or prepared for, or wanted...

So this morning came sooner than I wanted...I laid around most of the morning...
okay...all morning...
in my jammies...got dressed at, oh, around 12:07....
and by "dressed" I put on work-out clothes (and some much needed "support")....
in the hopes that I would kick my dreariness and make it to the Y at some point today...
and to seal that fact I promised the kids we would go swimming....
and now...I'm trying to pull enough energy together to make a meal menu for the week...not sure how legit this menu is...I won't actually make it grocery shopping until Wed and by then who knows if anything on the menu will still look good to me...

Monday
     Lunch-Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
     Dinner-Chicken Noodle Soup with Cornbread
Tuesday
     Lunch-Tuna Salad Stuffed Pitas
     Dinner-Ground Beef Stroganoff
Wednesday
     Lunch-Grilled Paninis
     Dinner-Chicken Laredo
Thursday
     Lunch-Chicken Nachos
     Dinner-Popcorn Soup
Friday
     Lunch-leftovers
     Dinner-Roast Chicken
Saturday
     Lunch-Grilled Chicken Salad
     Dinner-Sloppy Joe's
Sunday
     Lunch-out to eat?!
     Dinner-Sunday Night Potato Chowder

Okay...so off to make some Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas...
and like always...
If and When I make any items that I might want to post the recipes on here I will come back and link said recipe to said menu item...


3 comments:

Kelly Jackson said...

What is popcorn soup?

Kiera said...

Never made it before, but it looks good...it's actually a corn soup and when you serve it you top with popcorn...I'll post the recipe and the family's response once I make it.

Linda said...

I'm waiting for the chicken larado recipe. Sounds interesting.