Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming Swimming...

or, maybe Just START Swimming, Swimming, Swimming...
How's my training?
I've been slowly...very slowly..
training for my upcoming triathlon...don't worry, it's a sprint triathlon...still a crazy, very crazy thing for me to do, but it's not as crazy as doing a full triathlon (not even sure what all those distances are, but probably something way crazy!!!)...

So I hit the treadmill 3-4 times a week, jogging/very fast walking for at least 2 miles...then the stationary bike is my friend the other 3 days a week, trying to "ride" at least 8 miles every time...
and then the swimming...
well...
My original plan was to hit the pool sometime in February, and I still haven't gone in yet...February is half over, almost 1/3 over...

why not...well, I can't say it's because it's too cold, we just had a week of 70+ weather, (that's going away only to be replaced with rain!)...
I'm scared of the water...well, not really water, I'm not scared of actual water, and I like to swim...well, I like to float and let the water very casually wash over my body...
I'm scared of swimming...like real honest to goodness swimming, with like a real stroke...
oh, and...
I HATE my swimsuit...
*it's a sit in a chair on the side of the pool suit...not a swimming (or training to swim) a triathlon suit * it's cut too low in the front (but really, I don't think there's a suit not cut to low in the front for me!) * last summer might have been it's last summer *  the 'girls' are just not that happy in it anymore *  it's too floral for a triathlete *
I don't want to commit to the shaving that's required of me to get into a suit...
It's ONLY February, gosh I have like...ONLY 3 more months...YIKES....

3 months...

Okay, so now that I JUST realized...
like JUST now...
I was thinking 4 1/2 months when I sat down to write this blog...
I plan to hit the pool sometime between today and next Wednesday...
I am going blog public with that new goal...I promise sometime in the next week ..okay, I just said week, so that means that I should have a good 168 hours (24x7) to complete this "goal" so sometime between Thursday the 18th @ 7 pm and Thursday the 25th @ 7 pm I will get into the pool, and yes I will overcome my swimsuit issues (and no, I will not go buy a new one), and I will swim...
at least one lap...
I'm committing to one little lap, my form may suck...okay, my form WILL suck...
one little lap with no form in my horrid suit!
and no worries, I can promise you one thing...
there. will. be. NO. pictures....
time to hit the pool...maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Well, FEBRUARY is such a short month too...
Are you swimming at the YMCA -- if so, you should only go when the grannies go---they won't be able to see your bathing suit anyways! =)

Good luck to you. I think you are mighty brave to be doing the triathlon. What a great goal to strive for!!