Friday, February 11, 2011

Eggs from the Farm

Farm Fresh Eggs...
Ranch Eggs
Eggs that Farmers eat...Ranchers...eat...

whatever it means...
Huevos Rancheros* are yummy!
my mom would make these for us every once in a while as a kid...
I always loved them...and now my kids like them too...
the husband, well lets not push it...he's not a big fan of the fried egg and bean combo...

I have been making these for breakfast on the weekends or for my lunch during the week when we have leftover taco meat and beans from a meal earlier in the week.

Huevos Rancheros
corn tortillas (just better with corn, I've tried flour, but don't like it as well)
refried beans (pinto or black)**
taco meat
fried egg
cheese
salsa
cilantro (optional)

1.  fry egg, while egg is frying, heat up the beans, meat and tortilla (I didn't have any refried beans so I quickly 'refried' myself some black beans)**
2.  layer tortillas with beans, meat, and egg on top.  Top with cheese, salsa and cilantro....





**Refried Beans
1 can of black or pinto beans drained
cumin
salt
butter or bacon fat (optional)

1.  Heat up skillet and melt butter (if using), add beans and mash, season with cumin and salt to taste...


just a fast easy different way to serve up eggs for breakfast...or lunch...and to use up any leftover beans and meat...

*oh...and for those wondering
Huevoes Rancheros is Spanish for "rancher's eggs,"
huevos, pl. of huevo, egg + American Spanish rancheros, pl. of ranchero, ranch-style
although the more common translation is "country" or "country-style" eggs...

I think it means...delish!

No comments: