Saturday, December 11, 2010

tis the season

to DECORATE!

just wanted to take you on a little tour of some of my favorite new Christmas decorations that were FREE
did I just say FREE Christmas Decorations...
yep, these are all 'new' decorations this year
that I made with things around the house....

front door wreath...made out of leftover fabric scraps from the tree skirt...

paper garland made from the leftover paper scraps from making the bubble wrap advent calendar...

close up...I just cut 2 different size squares...and then cut them into triangles...and sewed them in a long strip...

two pieces of Christmas 'art work' that I did using my silhouette sd...using paper/cardstock I already had and then I just taped right onto the glass of things I already had framed in the living room...adding just a little more Christmas flare to the corner of the room!

the 'subway art' one I just cut of different Christmasy type words in different fonts, sizes and colors and arranged them onto some paper...

the tree one I just cut out 5 trees in 2 different styles using images from the silhouette library and glued them onto paper...
for both of these I chose lime greens, sliver and turquoise...to help pull the colors out of the tree skirt that I had made...

my bowl of pears on the piano...I collect pears (my kitchen)...
and then just stuck these into a pretty vasey-bowl thingy I had and put an old berry wreath around the bottom...

I love Christmas and all the decorations...
but decking the halls can get spendy and over-the-top...
so finding cheap/free ways to change up the decorations from year to year is always good!

do you stick with the same decorations every year?
do you have a 'theme' that you do?
do you have any great free decorations that you have stumbled upon?



No comments: