Saturday, December 18, 2010

Easy Christmas Cookies V

Playing Catch up on the Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes...

and so excited that I decided to do this little challenge because of this cookie!

one of my all time favorite cookies...and totally Christmas in my book...
and totally 100% super duper easy!
yet, I have never ever made them, and now I don't know why!

the Macaroon!
wow, and it meets all the the challenge criteria
*Easy-super duper easy...'can't believe how easy'-easy!
*under 5 ingredients
*Christmasy

Coconut Macaroons
5 cups flaked sweetened coconut
3 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
*2/3 cup dark Chocolate Chips or mini Chocolate Chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with wax paper sprayed with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (if using mini Chocolate chips add them now, if you want to melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it onto leave them out).


Scoop out 1 inch mounds, I used a mini cookie scoop, Pampered Chef, placed about 1 inch apart, on a lined cookie sheet, these cookies won't change shape or anything since they are just basically egg white and coconut.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just turning brown. Cool and store in a sealed container between sheets of waxed or parchment paper. The macaroons will keep nicely for several days.

Variations:
*Melt dark Chocolate chips in a plastic bag in microwave, cut off corner and drizzle over the top of baked macaroons...

*Divide the coconut mixture in half, and add the chips to one half, leaving the other half plain.
Makes about 3-4 dozen macaroons.


told you it was easy!  I even cut this recipe in 1/2 (tricky with the 3 egg whites)...because I only had 2 1/2 cups of coconut in my pantry...I just used 2 egg whites...
and I took pictures during the process...if I took pictures it means super duper easy recipe and I have time to snap pictures...
pictures...and math (cutting the recipe in 1/2)...
from beginning to end this took me less than 25 minutes!

2 comments:

Krystle said...

YUM. Too bad Trev hates coconut with a burning passion :/

Linda said...

I gotta make these, we love macaroons, too. But for your Dad I'll be plopping candied cherries on the top of some instead of chocolate. Although, cherries and chocolate together sound good!