Saturday, March 27, 2010

weekly menu?

oh, yeah...I was supposed to post my weekly menu on MONDAY...
how did it get to be Saturday?

Okay, so I did start the menu in my head on Monday morning while I laid in bed...
but it never got on the computer...
...or written down ANYWHERE!...

thinking that's possibly how we ended up having taco's two nights in a row (but hey, the second night I was using up the leftovers from the first night...)

and then how the kids got dinner on Wednesday (ravioli's and pesto....only enough for 2) but the husband and I were forging for food about 9:30 and I ended up having a banana with peanut better for dinner, not sure what he ended up with...he's a grown man he can figure things out...he's good like that...I don't want anyone judging me for making my hard working husband figure out his own dinner at 9:30....I think he might actually like it...it's like hunting!

then on Thursday I decided it was way past time to make a menu...so I sat down in husbands office and tried to pull dinner ideas out of him...this is what I got from him....
..."whatever sounds good to you"...
(sure, until I tell you what's for dinner and you wrinkle up you nose at me)
..."I like everything you make"....
(flat out lie!)
..."just make whatever you want"...
(this is some sort of spousal abuse, I'm sure of it!)

ARGH!

so I make a list...he looks it over and says it looks "fine"...
...was sort of looking for an "amazing"...or a "wonderful"...or "how do you do it, you're amazing"...but I'll take "fine"...

by this time I've taken so much time trying to come up with a menu that it's now time to pick the boy child up from school and there is NO way I'm taking him grocery shopping...
and the husband and I still haven't eaten lunch....
...
so get the boy child...
go home make a quick bite to eat...(the husband made wonderful fried egg sandwiches on whole wheat high fiber English muffins smothered in cheese...while I was putting another coat of paint on his "new" bookcase)...
...pick up the girl child from school...
(tangent...I am blissfully excited that they will be going to the same school next year and will have the same pick up and drop off times!)
I've promised her a hair cut all week...and gave the kids a "maybe" on swimming after school...
so grocery shopping is put off...again...
the hair cut comes first because her hair CAN NOT handle a pool until it has a few inches trimmed off (or maybe mom can't handle the screaming that will follow in the locker room when I try to brush out her hair!)
and then while out for the hair cut (in the CRAZIEST storm ever!)...I remember that the girl child has a birthday party the following day, so I need to now take her to get a present...
WHY didn't I do this earlier without her?!?
whatever I picked out she would have said,
"that's great mom, can I have one?"
but now it's going to take a few hours to have her pick something out!

okay, so it only took 45 minutes...not joking, 45 minutes...the girl loves any kind of shopping (except grocery...typical girl/woman) and will make it last as long as humanly possible...

so grocery shopping is now off the list for Thursday...and so is swimming...

we had Beef Stroganoff  and green beans for dinner...it's been on the menu for the last month or so, it's a favorite of mine, but it keeps getting pushed off for something else...so it was a great night for it, with the storm we had it was a good cozy meal...
and discovered that Wilson LOVES green beens and beef stroganoff...he kept saying over and over how me just LOVED it all! "I love green beans, they are so healthy for me, and yummy, and green!  I love them!
will maybe post my recipe soon...for the stroganoff...

then Friday...
will I be able to grocery shop on Friday?
*I work in the girl child's class in the morning..
*have an "appointment" to get my hair done...
* a 'date' with a friend for walking/running THE hill in Redding (river trail's Hilltop loop)
*squeeze in lunch
*pick up girl child (while blissfully thinking of next year's same pick up and drop off!)
*go visit a friend at her new booth at the antique mall (realize that taking the kids at this time of day to an antique mall was probably a very poor parenting choice
*get home to blog about my new hair
*take girl child to her party (slumber...yippy)
okay,
this is it...the only time to go shopping...
so there I was standing in WinCo...
no idea where the list I made on Thursday was...
no idea what was on the list...
and knowing that it was ONLY a menu not even a grocery list...
...
so I pick up a few things for our dinner on Friday...
(some high quality frozen pizza's with canned pineapple on top...)...
and a few things to help us thru the weekend...
coffee and creamer...
chocolate chips...
cheese...

so now here I sit on Saturday morning...realizing that I forgot to pick up pancake mix...
I didn't get any sort of meats...(I do still have some sort of meats in the freezer)..

really, did I really leave the store with just frozen pizza, coffee, creamer, chocolate chips and cheese...I might have had a minor stroke while standing in WinCo...!  and HOW did I spend $88 on those 5 items?!?  maybe I ended up with a few more things...but nothing to hold us for the next week...

DRAT!

okay, so maybe Monday I'll make it to the grocery store for real...
with a real menu...
but the boy child has a dentist appointment...
and then I need to work at church...
probably Tuesday...I will probably go on Tuesday...
but Wednesday is also a really good day to go...

No comments: