Friday, March 12, 2010

I LIED!

I did, I flat out lied to you guys...

I told you I was going to do this triathlon thing,
and I told you I was doing it to get healthy...
that I didn't care a bit about numbers, sizes, or weight...

Well...
I Lied...
yep, I lied...

I do care...
but...

BUT...
I also LOVE to eat...
and my husband, well he discovered the key to the perfect chocolate chip cookie...
not sure what it is, he made them Tuesday night, a double batch...
put the dough in the fridge and has baked up a dozen every night (or afternoon) since...

and last night I ate at least 5 of them (I stopped counting because I don't care about numbers),
and today I had one for breakfast, and two more when he baked a fresh batch this afternoon...

But I can, because I'm exercising
...a LOT...
and because I don't care about numbers...

so, since I don't care about numbers...we won't count the 5 cookies last night, the one for breakfast and the 2 from this afternoon....

oh, and since I don't care about numbers I stopped weighing myself in January...
...it just made me mad...
since I don't care about numbers...
and I hadn't lost ANY lbs, ZERO since October when I started working out 4-6 times a week
...but I didn't care...

but then today, I did something brave...
especially after the breakfast of champions I had...
I pulled the pair of size 12 jeans out of my drawer...(it's just a number, so I really don't care if I haven't been in a 12 since before the girl child was born...9 years ago...but those are all just numbers and I don't care!)

GUESS WHAT...
they fit...the size 12 fit...
so, who cares if they were so tight it looks like I'm going to a rodeo...
...not actually me...
they are a size 12 and they fit...

okay, so I do care...

4 comments:

Jennifer Lorenzen said...

You are very brave to post you jean size. You go girl! I wish I didn't care about the number on the jeans or the number on the scale but it haunts me everyday. I feel guilty if I eat to many calories so I resist eating on a daily basis. I do love chocolate so I would say I have some everyday, but the calorie intake is very low. I know this sounds bad but I can't help it. I had some issues in my life a few years ago that were out of my control and the one thing I could control was what I put in my mouth. It's been a issue ever sense then. I know it's only a number but in my head it's a important number.

White Diana said...

I'm with you Kiera! I don't care, but, deep down I do care. I have to say I don't because I too, want to do the healthy thing and to love myself the way I am. To top it off, I am very competitive and upset that I can't really "compete" in the tri, so I signed up for the regular one and haven't tried to change it to friends and family after you said that's what we are doing... tehehehe What a goof!

Unknown said...

It's okay to care about the numbers when:
- you're looking out for your health
- you want to be comfortable in your own skin
- you know your current situation is due to "letting yourself go" and want to take better self-care
It's not okay when:
- the numbers define you

That sound you hear is me applauding you from across town. Rodeo-looking or not, it's a party when you get back into the pre-pregnancy sizes. Cheers and good luck!

Linda said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you for sticking to your exercise plan! Who cares about a cookie or two (or 8). Anyway, when your metabolism is kicked in and working good, an occasional splurge is OK.