Saturday, January 15, 2011

menu....Jan 10th-Jan 20th

okay, so I realized that I haven't posted our menu from this past week...but I did make one and I have been loosely following it....

I decided to just create a list of meal options and not actually assign them to a night of the week...so at least I know the 'meals' that I have in the house, but it's more flexible for the family....

also having the kids choose at least one meal for the list and the husband so I'm not the sole one responsible for making the menu...and the kids get to help make dinner on 'their night'...they can help other nights too....I really do like to have the kids help with dinner prep as long as I'm in the right frame of mind...

I've also decided to print off the menu and put in on the fridge so I can see it each morning, process thru the day and decide what I think would work best for that day...and then if I need to get something out of the freezer I can do it in the morning, rather than remembering it about 4:45....

Breakfast for Dinner-two different meals...
     biscuits and gravy w/scrambled eggs ...and waffle bar
Nacho Bar; boy child's choice...beef done in the Crock Pot
     and would be his meal choice for all 3 meals a day 7 days a week!
Cheese Ravioli's with Marinara Sauce; girl child's choice
Veggie Stir Fry w/ rice and egg flower soup
Potato Soup
Minestrone Soup
Broccoli Rice and Spinach Salad w/swiss cheese and toasted almonds
Baked Mac & Cheese
Cheddar Roast
Chicken-n-Dumplings
40 Garlic Chicken
Mexican Lasagna
and of course leftover buffet

have also made a lunch menu list since the husband and I were grabbing lunch out too often...
~Paninnis
~Tuna Noodle Casserole (something we both love but the kids don't!)
~Stuffed Pita Pockets
~Fried Egg sandwiches
~burritos
~tacos

off to get the waffle batter started for tonights waffle bar....

1 comment:

Krystle said...

Sounds nummy!
This recipe is my fav baked mac and cheese recipe!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Homemade-Macaroni-and-Cheese/Detail.aspx