Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trick or Treat!

wonder when my kids will figure out that I've tricked them...

okay, so I am NOT a house keeper...
my house isn't filthy,
but it's far from clean...
and there is
always
usually
occasionally a pile of something on my counter...
love seat (aka-Mt Laundry)...
time-out chair...
kitchen table...
dryer...okay so the ENTIRE laundry room is falling into the kitchen!

okay...so I might need to blog myself a cleaning/de-cluttering schedule...
maybe not...we'll see

but one things for sure...my kids so rarely see me mopping the kitchen/bathroom floors and cleaning the toilets that they think it's a privilege to do so...and I've let them believe this!

so this is how it went...
on the short drive home from school the boy child is "STARVING!" and finished the snack in his lunch...
he then proceeds to dump the crumbs out of the bag onto the back seat of my car....
...
ARGH...so how will I punish this horrible behavior?

my thinking...
he made a mess and since I don't have a vacuum that I can take out to the car and make him clean up the crumbs, I'll make him clean something else that needs to be cleaned!
"Wilson, when you get home you have to clean the toilets"...

the reaction from the back seat, 
"That's totally not fair!!!"
...
from the girl child
NOT the one that I just handed the 'punishment' down to...
"Why does he GET to do the fun stuff?"...
and evil giggling from the boy child who thinks he just got handed the
BEST 'punishment' EVER 
since he loves cleaning the toilet!

hmmm..my thinking...
what is wrong with my children...
and
shhesh...didn't think thru that one...

"Okay then Madison, would you like to mop when we get home?"
"oh yes, can I please mop during my free time?"

she really is ecstatic about mopping...

and he is giggling an evil little giggle because he still can't understand how this is punishment...

just wait until I trick them into let them clean the shower and then the basement...

2 comments:

Ann said...

That is so funny! Sophie and Samuel are the same way. She begs to mop and he begs to clean the toilet. I always put on the stern face and say, "first you have to get your homework is done."
Yesterday I was helping Samuel go through is clothes to get rid of what he has outgrown. He said, "This is the best day ever!" I said, "Why?" "Because we get to tidy up!" ha ha

Joni said...

Oh, enjoy this while it lasts. My second born always begged, but I believe someone let him in on the secret that toilets are actually gross to clean. I had a good thing going.