Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Time

we had our first family pumpkin carving tonight...
we did it once when Madison was young...
pre Wilson...
and then it was too much with the baby...
and then Beau and I went to a few pumpkin carving parties (no kids) and came home with the pumpkins carved so no need to carve with the kids...
but we put it off long enough, it was time...

anyways...we had fun...

or maybe I should say the kids and I had fun...
and now I remember why we haven't done this as a family...
saying that carving pumpkins is not Beau's thing, well, that's an understatement!

my pumpkin...any guesses what I'm going to carve?

she is having a blast with pumpkin guts

and yes pumpkin carving is a pants optional event in our household!

both kids drew their creations onto the pumpkin with washable markers...
and then Beau and I had the task of 'translating' the image from kid art to carve-able pumpkin image...

Wilson guiding Beau on how to carve the face of the bat...he kept saying, 
"well, that looks alright dad"...
maybe one of the reason's Beau doesn't like this family activity!


  
Beau trying to figure out what I'm carving!
the kids with their creations...


all three of them... "Fright" the bat, "Squeaks" the mouse, and "Sleepy" the Owl


all a-glow!

3 comments:

Basking in the Son said...

And now your kids will never let you miss a year? This is the first year that our kids pretty much did it all by themselves. I loved it! It was even sunny, sunny, sunny, so they could do it out on the patio.

Kathy said...

Cute lil punkins...and I like the jack o'lanterns, too ! Fun !

Jeanne wood said...

I love your owl! He's so cute. I don't know why I assume it's a he?