Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a marriage of taste

there is almost no better marriage than that of chocolate and peanut butter...
and to combine that in the form of brownies...
well, pure heaven...

I made these and took them to a dinner last week...I did over bake them (very common thing for my oven), so my husband decided to make them again yesterday...
the timer was going off when I walked in the door from picking the kids up from school...what a wonderful way to come home from school...

so we had no company yesterday,
just the 4 of us in our house all day...
and these were taken out of the oven at 2 pm...
this picture was taken at 8pm...
hmmm...I think the twilight family walk/run we all took last night was HIGHLY needed!
and the kids both only had 2 brownies...one when they got home from school and one right after dinner...seems like Beau and I ate 1/2 a pan of these by ourselves....

this is a slightly tweaked version out of  "The Cake Mix Doctor Returns"....

Peanut Butter Brownies
1 package (20 oz) brownie mix
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
8 tbl (1 stick) butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
3 tsp vanilla

1.  preheat over to 350, set aside an ungreased 9x13 metal baking pan (I used metal when I made them, Beau did not, mine were overdone, his were not!)

2.  mix brownie mis, peanut butter, melted butter, and eggs in large mixing bowl and beat on low speed for 1 minute.  Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the dough for topping.  Place the remaining brownie dough into pan, pressing it over the bottom using your hand/fingers so that it reaches the side.  Set pan aside.

3.  In microwave safe bowl place chocolate chips and condensed milk and microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir until the chips are all mixed into the milk, stir in vanilla and continue to stir.  Pour over the brownie dough in pan, spreading it evenly with a rubber spatula so it reaches the sides.

4.  crumble the reserved brownie dough over the top of chocolate.

5.  Bake the brownies until the edges have set and the top crust springs back when lightly pressed...25-30 minutes.  Cool for 20 minutes before serving....

NOTE...you may eat all of these by yourself, I highly recommend only making these if you are taking them somewhere or you have company coming, or you have way more will power than Beau and I!

3 comments:

Lisa Lee said...

Based on that recommendation, as good as they look/sound, I'm going to have to not make them! No willpower from this girl!

Unknown said...

oh no!! I have all these ingredients, except the dark choc. Chips, but I imagine milk would taste grand, too. hmmm...how much do I REALLY care about my pregnant waistline? ;)

Unknown said...

Oh dear...they're in the oven as I type *salivating* =P--