Tuesday, May 18, 2010

...choices . choices . choices...

oh, when will I learn...

I have a list of "must do's"...
and list of "should do's"....
and then a list of "want to do's"...

and we all know my list of "want to dos" will probably get started first...

Must Do's
1.  Laundry
2.  Bathrooms
3.  Bedrooms
4.  Mopping
5.  Grocery Shop
6.  Bake a Cake for party on Thursday
7.  Train for the triathlon that's less than 3 weeks away...I am so VERY scared ready to run away...

Should Do's
1.  make a menu
2.  finish closet
3.  organize laundry room
4.  clean and organize kids room with them gone at school so I can purge stuff they have forgotten about...but only a few more days before the boy child is done with school for the year...
5.  clean and organize office/man room so we can actually move the computer into the "office" and off the landing of the stairs...
6.  Crack open my book for book club...Les Miserables...
but every time I crack it open it sends me off to dream land....
yikes, I have less than 2 weeks to read 1/2 of that book (800 pages...that's 1/2, 800 pages!)...why, oh why did I let my husbands look of disdain push me to getting the full version over the abridged...
I so wanted the abridged version, 
but he said, 
"yeah, because there is NO way you'll read the unabridged version!"  
He threw it down like that...
and I so stupidly grabbed the bone and ran... 
"Whatever, I can SO read the unabridged version!"...
and I did so want to prove to him that he was WRONG...
but he was SO VERY right!

Want To Do's
1.  read...anything other than my book club book!
2.  painting fun signs
3.  make a fun old world map wall hanging for the "Operation-Beautiful-Living Room"....
4.  Blog, Blog, Blog
5.  Read other blogs, and wonder aimlessly through blog land
6.  Sew fun dresses and skirts for the girl child and me
...matching...oh, how cute would we be?!?
7.  Start sewing the boy child's bedspread...
he's only been in a big boy bed for what, 3 years?!?
8.  Forget that I committed myself to a triathlon...that's less than 3 weeks away!

No comments: