Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Book Club Welcome

just wanted to share the wreath that I  made really fast this afternoon...

I'm hosting book club this month, and it was time to update my door wreath
...
(um, yeah it was still the "spring" wreath)....

so anyways, pulled out all the spring flowers

and shoved in some pages from an old book and reused some of the white and green flowers from the spring wreath....


important facts about today's blog
* the book was "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair
* YES, I did tear the pages out of a perfectly good book
*YES, I've read "The Jungle" and think it's a must read
*No, this was not this months book club book
*Yes, I have another copy of "The Jungle", I destroyed the paperback version and kept the hard back one
*our current months' book was "Lord of the Flies" and I figured tearing pages out a a book was the least violent thing I could do to capture the feeling of "Lord"....

2 comments:

The Smith Hotel said...

I read Lord of the Flies in junior high-very disturbing. Nice wreath! The kids about lost it the first time they saw me rip pages out of a book! That reminds me I need to go shred some more pages!

Jody

Linda said...

A part of me cringes to know that a book was "killed" to make your wreath, but it turned out really great.... so another part of me is really proud that you are so creative! So now I need to read "The Jungle"!