Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break Project

need a little project to keep you going during Spring Break?
...
get a canvas (from Michael's, JoAnn's, or from a thrift store already painted on...up-cycle one!)

cover it with a paint color of your choice...

add another if you choose...

break out your fancy paper cutter (I have the Silhouette SD)...and have it cut out the words/design that you chose out of the paper that you choose.

okay, sorry not everyone has one...if not you can print out what you like off your computer, and then hand trace it onto the paper you want to use, and then cut it out by hand...(or have your wonderful in-laws buy you this for Christmas...I didn't even ask for one...and I LOVE it!)...

and then using Mod Podge...

decoupage your words onto your painted canvas...(lay your design/words out first to make sure you like the layout)

and just fyi...I know that this ends with a preposition but it's a definition, not a true sentence...and if you've read the dictionary lately (I do ALL the time!) you know that ending definitions with prepositions are the norm...maybe...not sure...just wanted to justify my sign!

a few other looks to inspire your creativity this spring break

panted the flower onto two canvas's and then decoupaged the butterfly and word onto them

loved the monkey one...sold to a friend Connie...

the "sweet pea" and vine are cut out using my silhouette and then I painted on flowers and swirls

I love this "all girl" one, with all the words describing a girl...maybe a certain girl that happens to live at my housel...this would be a fun one to customize for a child in your life, might even have them help you come up with descriptive words.

now go craft away your spring break!

1 comment:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

These look GREAT Kiera! So much fun. I painted a few paintings last year for my girls bathroom. It was fun.

Of course, I would LOVE to have that machine like you have! But, another tip would be to use sticker lettering from Michaels or something like that too.

Cute stuff!