Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Healthy? Maybe...Maybe Not...

Okay, so maybe cookies aren't healthy...
maybe they're not good for my  hips...
but we all know that there good for our heart...

...and good for your family,
I love to bake with both kids standing next to me...
...sometimes...
when they're not fighting...
and saying,
"my turn"
"let me do it"
"can I do it now?"
"but she already had her turn"
"can I taste that"
"can I have a bite"
....

but no, really, I do have fun with the kids in the kitchen, and they both really like to help me...just got a little sidetracked there (shocking)...

anyways...
here is a healthier version of cookies then the regular old one...they might not be a carrot, but it's better than a twinkie, both in health and taste!

The Better for you Cookie
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter (this can't be helped...you NEED butter for a good cookie)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbs low fat milk (see healthy?)
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (dark chocolate is good for your heart!)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 375.  Beat butter & sugars until creamy.  Add eggs, milk & vanilla, beat well.  Mix in flour, oats, soda & salt.  Stir in chocolate ships, raisins and cranberries.  Drop by teaspoon full onto un-greased cookie sheet.  Bake 9-10 minutes....

enjoy.
My kids, husband and I all gobble these up.  I like to mix up a batch, bake up a sheet and then refrigerate the rest, baking a sheet every few nights.

No comments: