Friday, August 24, 2012

oh, hello there

well, hello...
guess I took a summer break!...
lets see....
boychild had a birthday...he chose 'Viva Pinata' as the theme...
yep...random...maybe, someday in the future I may blog about how to throw a Pinata themed birthday...maybe not...

we went to Sunriver, Oregon....BTW this is Oregon...blue skies and trees....

weird things happen sometimes...didn't plan this at all...
we were driving to Sunriver, OR on boy child's actual birthday... 
we were getting hungry for dinner and were passing through Klamath Falls, OR 
(where Beau was born...36+ years ago)...
we asked Wilson what he wanted for dinner...
he said pizza.... 
so, we pull off at the last Klamath Falls exit and follow the signs to Abby's Pizza...
then Beau begins to reminisce 
(he grew up in FAR, FAR northern California, Tulelake...and the "big city" was Klamath Falls......)
guess what/where Beau had for his 7th birthday...
yep, pizza @ Abby's Pizza in Klamath Falls, OR...
I don't think we could have planned that if we wanted to!

while in Sunriver we caught some toads...we were actually officially on 'Toad Patrol'...yep...
might also blog about that...I have some catching up to do...

Sunriver was great...we were with the in-laws...whom I love so very much...
seriously...I married into a great family...
and then my brother-in-law went and married good too...so it's all good....
I don't have any really great pictures from the whole time we were in Sunriver, but take my word for it...we had a great time...
my sister-in-law organized the "Chambers Family Olympics 2012"...
so much fun...games from Minute-2-Win-It...
loved it!

boy child did baseball (t-ball with Jr. Giants...amazing) for the first time this summer...loved it...all of us!...one magical thing about Jr. Giants t-ball...the games are 2 innings/1 hour...that is so.very.magical when you are thinking about baseball in Redding in July!


we took a quick trip to the 'Bay Area' (aka San Francisco & Oakland) with friends to visit the Oakland Zoo and the Exploratorium...fun times...BTW...Oakland WalMart after dark...not AS scary as I would have thought...not that I wasn't a little, teeny-bit scared...but not as bad as I was expecting....

both girl & boy child participated in the YMCA's swim team this summer...which meant I had the opportunity to work-out three mornings every week...or sit by the pool and read...I'll let you decide what I did!
we had a great summer, with lots of fun memories!

and then...before I could blink...the summer was over...and back to school...

boy child off to 2nd grade...

and...gulp...girl child off to middle school...aka jr. high...she is ONLY is 6th grade...I grew up in small-town-Oregon where we had Elementary (k-3), Intermediate (4-6), Jr High (7 & 8), & High School (all the others)...so even though she's technically in middle school...and ONLY in 6th grade...since she's with all these really big kids...and has 6 classes a day...it feels like Jr. High to me...

Okay...now that summer is over and things are back to normal...
I will start to blog again...I have to, I have blogs that have been trying to write themselves in my head and I must get them out of there!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Yay! Missed your blogs. They are great!