Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm gonna need a tardy slip please

there are some crazy hard choices to make as a parent...

like...
when you realize that your 'sick' kid might not be as sick as he was the day before and could...should...actually be in school....

so how do you think the school would react if I brought my child to school a little late...

like 40 minutes before school lets out, late....?

me....yes, um, I'm gonna need a tardy slip...
office lady...really?  it's 1:10
me...well, my son was sick yesterday, and I thought he might still be sick today, but it looks like he's much better now.  so here he is!
office lady...you know school ends at 1:50, right?
me...um, yes, I'm aware that school dismisses in 40 minutes, but he's all better now...so, um, give him some learning, you got 40 good solid minutes....

No comments: