Tuesday, June 12, 2012

my mom in a swim suit!

yep...
I'm posting a picture of my mom in a swimsuit on my blog...

the date stamped on this makes my mom about 6
...the same age as Wilson...
isn't she adorable!...

I was looking thru some pictures to change out and add a summer vibe to my living room decor and I found this one and a few others that just felt like summer to me...

here it is on the whole 'pia-ntle' (piano trying to be a mantle)
she's to the left of the plant...held up by a large teal clothes-pin
and a step back...

my summer subway art is framed and on the left side of the piano...


and because she loves when I post pictures of her in her swim suit...without asking permission...
here is the other swim suit pic of my mom...
this is framed and on the right side of the piano
doesn't this picture just 'scream' summer to you?...I love it...I'm guessing mom's about 17...and that's her mom..my grandma...making grandma about 64 in the picture...love the pose from both of them...
and looking at the age of my mom...I'm just guessing that my grandfather (her dad) had died maybe within the last year before this picture was taken...this might have been a really hard sad summer for both my mom and grandma so it makes my heart happy to see them being a little spunky at the beach!

any maybe my most-favorite 'embracing the summer' picture I found of my mom...
framed in the center, slightly to the right of the plant.
love this picture...my mom talks about being shy as a child...but this picture..at the beach, standing on a bench, hands on hips...says she wants to take on the world...or at least the next 3 months of summer vacation...
...
do you ever look at pictures of your parents or grandparents at different ages and wish you could step back and spend a day with them at that age...
I see the little girl in that top picture, the same age as my son, and think how much fun the two of them would have running around on the beach together...
the carefree teen with her beyond middle-aged-mom I'd love to sit and share lunch with the two of them...
or the spunky little girl that is taking summer by the horns...I can just imagine her and my daughter laughing and giggling and being amazing little girls together...

happy summer...
hope you enjoyed my mom in her swim suit...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Whoa, talk about a trip down memory lane! Kiera, you brought a tear to my eye(maybe even a couple) with your well written thoughts! I want to point out to you my hair bow in the first pic. Mom always combed my hair back on top and fastened it with a cloth hair ribbon! Here I am, ready to play in the water in the height of fashion! The pic w/Mom shows the 'farmer' tan on my legs, wearing shorts while driving the tractor! Thanks for the memories!!

Linda said...

Addendum to above comment. All ocean photos were taken in Florida. The last one was taken @ DeSoto State Beach (west coast of FL), loved it because of its 'miles' of flat white sandy beaches, could be same location for the 1st photo. Second, more mature shot was taken, on the East Coast of FL while visiting @ my sister's house near Melbourne.