Sunday, October 9, 2011

trimmin' the pumpkin tree

yep, we have a pumpkin & gourd tree out front...
yesterday the kids and I put the finishing touches on the autumn decorations...
I love this time of year...


the pumpkin tree...
we have a dead tree in the back, so I broke some limbs off and placed them into a large glass beverage dispenser that I got for $5 at a yard sale...
and then it chipped and is no longer very good for beverages, but perfect for holding straw, some fake pumpkins and gourds and then the dead sticks...
then we strung some fake small pumpkins and gourds onto the dead limbs using some hemp string.


the front chair with a little fall decor...a small honeysuckle wreath that I made after trimming down our honeysuckle bush, some fake fall foliage, small fake gourds and pumpkins, some bones, and Owlie our owl is perched on the small wreath.


what a minute...did I say bones, yep, bones...
if you have a boy child
          (which I highly recommend getting one, they're pretty darn cute)...
you might just have an abundance of fake dinosaur bones floating around the place...
perfect for a little Halloween'ish vibe to the autumn decor
... just scatter some here and there...


Our autumn'ish front door wreath, I just pulled out the green leaves and flowers that I had in it from this summer and put in some autumn'ish foliage
and clipped on a sweet feathered friend...


took our usually ships that we use for decor in the 'office' and added some pirate flags...
...pirates are fall'ish right?

sure hope so, because here is a little more pirate decorations...
some weird 'Goonies' paraphernalia...
you always know that geeks movie people when they say, "you have the doubloons from Goonies!?"
I'm not even sure what a doubloon is...well, these are I guess...
Beau got these from someone from my youth group reunion that we went to last year... 

and then lastly...the piano...my version of a mantel since I don't have a mantel to decorate...
glass thingy full of pears and some fall foliage...a white pumpkin,-dollar store...
some 'spider webs' (used dryer sheets, torn a bit)
some framed pictures of Halloween's past...
& a bust of Lincoln...
bust are kinda creepy & cool all at the same time,
     some nice lady gave it to Wilson at a yard sale for free...
I wanted it, and was having Wilson hold it for me, she said, 'oh, he loves it so much he can have it for free'...score...


framed the kids school pictures and added some spider webs, pirate patches and some old skeleton keys are hanging on the boy child's frame...

and that's it, that's our autumn'ish/Halloween decor...
we will add carved pumpkins in a few weeks, but they only last for so long so we usually do it the weekend before Halloween....

take home lessons from this blog...
1.  if you see something small and AWESOME at a yard sale, have your cute child walk around carrying it, maybe even stroking it with love, make sure the person in charge of the yard sale notices the love that your child obviously has for the object and get said object for FREE....
2.  oh, and decorating trees isn't just for Christmas....

2 comments:

Ashley Brendle said...

I seriously did laugh out loud! Love seeing your Chambers made sign and fall touches! Keep writing! I can always use a good laugh!

Kathy said...

Cute decorating, Kiera !- and if those are new school pictures I see, Grandma wants some !