Wednesday, October 12, 2011

it's that time of year again

well, it's trying to be that time of year again...
soup time...we had a week of rainy weather, followed by a beautiful sunny weekend, then a rainy Monday and now a week of sunshine...
but I've got soup on my mind and heart...and had a request from Krystal for some soup recipes...
here is my list of soups that are always on my list...
Easy Cheesy Potato Soup (had this last week with company and made a double batch to enjoy for another whole meal...
Black Bean Soup, this is one that is such a great throw down meal because I usually have everything in my cupboard
Minestrone Soup, great with all the fall veggies
Sweet-n-Sour Beans...more of a chili/stew...but yummy and cozy non-the-less
the Good Ol' Family Chili...the secret family recipe...

and look for new soup recipes over next few weeks, I have 2 to share that we've already had...
Chicken and Cheesy Cornbread Dumplin's..

and Red Beans and Rice

I also have a few on my pintrest board (do you pintrest?)  for this coming winter that I hope to make and share

the list goes on and on...
and then I have the list from my own cookbooks

Meatball Soup
Split Pea Soup
Cheese Chowder
Butternut Squash Soup with Ravioli
White Chili
Cassoulet

and I'll stop now...
look for at least 2 soup recipes within the next week...and then I'll try to post one a week from now until Christmas...


3 comments:

Krystle said...

yay!
ok, so doing the black bean soup..I think that WW wise, that is a great one!
I have a recipe I will email you for another yummy

Erin said...

I'd love your split pea soup recipe! I've had a bag of them in my cupboard waiting to me made, but I didn't want to just find any recipe off the internet without know it was yummy. By the way, I'm excited for weekly posts! YAY!

Joni said...

Your black bean soup has become a staple at our house. All 4 of my kids love it and ask for seconds!