Friday, March 11, 2011

oh that cookie pushing little gang

this is a serious gang with serious issues...
we have an obesity epidemic in the country 
and yet this gang goes door to door...
neighborhood to neighborhood...
they are in your children's school...
and yes...
probably sitting right next to your child in their Sunday School class room...selling...pushing cookies...I have even seen them handing out 'samples' of their drug to get the kids hooked....

things that make this gang easy to spot...
they are sometimes dressed like your normal 'girl next door' but once a week you will see then wearing their gang colors, green or brown...
the young ones wear brown, and after a few years of cookie pushing they get moved up to green...
sometimes they are wearing sashes and showing off all their badges...
...badges that they earn from the amount of 'victims' they sucker into buying their crack that they box into pretty purple and green boxes and label as 'cookies'...

you might also notice that many in the gang may have their hair braided in one or two braids...those braids are used as an evil device to con more victims into buying more crack...
and you know what's horriblly sad...they have been pushing their crack with propaganda for decades


and you know it's crack...seriously...$4 a box...yet we all shell out $4 here and $8 there...and $16 over there again...and during this economic crisis...when we could buy a gallon of gas for that same price!

who would do that if it wasn't for crack in a pretty purple box sold to me by a gang of girls with their hair all in braids and sporting their gang uniform!!!  I was scared, I felt threatened...I was forced into it...my husband told me I couldn't come home without a box or 5!

and then...then...we know it's a serious issue when all over blog land people have recipes using this crack as an ingredient...what has this world come to???

and yes...I have become a victim of this horrible gang....
the gang our son calls 
the 'Cookie Scout Girls'...

and since I don't want to condone such an band of evil doers...I will NOT post any said recipes on my blog...
I will not post the recipe for Somoa Caramel Corn and I will not tell you how I currently have caramel all over my counters because I just made this!
or the one I saw for Somoa Truffles on a Stick
or the horrible Thin Mint Cheesecake
the gang is so evil they even posted their own Thin Mint Brownie Recipe
and did you hear, they even got to Rachael Ray and she made a Thin Mint Dessert Pizza....
and I JUST found a recipe using them for something BESIDES a dessert...
yes a Girl Scout Cookie Shrimp recipe...what is the world...what....

this has just made me so hungry..angry that this has been allowed to happen....what sort of world do we live in...

wait...what's that...is that my timer....I think my crack caramel corn is done...good bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the really young ones wear blue...I have one of those! Evil pushers I tell ya. And darn you posting recipe links for the cookies! It never occurred to me to use them in recipes. I have a garage full of cookies and now I think I'm going to be purchasing more before I turn them in....

Linda said...

I won't tell anyone that you wore that brown uniform with your sash for several years when you were little...and yes, we were then conned into buying the 'crack'. That's probably why you still have the addiction!