Saturday, August 21, 2010

oh...kids...gotta love em!

do you ever have those moments...
those moments that you stand there trying to punish/lecture your children
the whole time remembering doing the SAME thing as a child...
and now as an adult you STILL find the humor in it....

my morning...

I'm sitting quietly at the computer having a cup of coffee and enjoying the peace in the house...
...
I hear screaming from the kids bedroom...and more screaming...and some evil laughter...

UGH...."Kids come here!"

me-"What's going on?"
kids-"he/she started it!"
me-"Wilson, what happened?"
Wilson-"She was punching me"
me-"Madison?"
Madison-"I was sleeping when he crawled up on me and held my nose till I woke up!"
Wilson-"And then she stared punching me!"
me-trying to keep my composure, "Wilson, that was NOT okay!", "Madison you're allowed to defend yourself  IF you're getting hurt...was Wilson hurting you or annoying you?"
Wilson-"But I just wanted someone to play with me..."
Madison-"more annoying than anything."
me-"Wilson, you are NOT ALLOWED to stop someones airflow JUST to get them to play with you!...Madison, I understand that he's annoying, but physical violence is not okay for annoying little brothers, the next one of you that touches the other WILL get one hour on their bed!"

5 min later...overheard from their bedroom
Wilson singing some repetitive, annoying, rhyming song that he's making up as he goes along....
Madison-"Wilson can you please stop that?"
Wilson-"Wilson can you please stop that?" said in his annoying sing-song-y voice
Madison-"Wilson, I'd really like it if you would stop being annoying"
Wilson-"Wilson, I'd really like it if you would stop being annoying"..again in his annoying little brother sing-song-y voice
Madison-"I'm going to ignore you and then you'll just stop"
Wilson-"I'm going to ignore you and then you'll just stop"
Wilson-"OUCH"
yep...she hauled off and punched him!  what any self respecting older sister HAS to do...but I did have to put her in time out...but only for half an hour because he SO deserve that punch!

2 comments:

Ann said...

That was soooo very funny and so familiar!

Kathy said...

What a crack up !