Friday, September 21, 2012

payday

what happened to this world...
yesterday was our payday...which in our home = allowance day for our kids...


I was thinking this morning as I packed the kids' lunch...

I remember there used to be a time...
...blog note...not in my time...
but at one time...in the not-so-long-ago history of this nation...

that parents didn't pay their kids for being kids...
rather, the kids paid their parents...

kids went out and got jobs and a portion, if not all, of their paycheck went into the family bank to just help the family meet their needs...

then the government went and got involved 
....and made laws against frowned upon kids with jobs...

I'm thinking of starting up a petition 
....maybe not kids working 
{child labor laws might be hard to reverse}
but for the kids to pay the parents rather than the parents paying the kids....
[editor's note: I can be paid in Jelly Beans.  Beau]
who's with me on this...
just sign your name below!

No comments: