Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

May Day...May Day...
it's another ChambersMade family 1st...
we've never really lived in a neighborhood that we could really 'celebrate' May Day...
 now we do...
I've been collecting cans for a few weeks now...
I have a plan for them and this summer...

but I figured I have plenty cleaned & up in the cupboard that I could spare 4 so the kids and I could have a little May Day fun...

we wrapped wire around the groves in the cans and made a handle with the wire...
printed up a little May Day Tag and tied it with twine
and then cut some mini roses off our rose bush...

the kids sneaked up to the doors...
rang the door bell...

and RAN as fast as they could...
...
fun times...
all in all it took 30 minutes...
from creating and printing the tag,
to wrapping the wire around the can and creating a handle
tying the tag onto the can
cutting the roses
and then the delivery...
and cost us $0.00
we will hopefully make this a ChambersMade family tradition...
and hopefully our neighbors are pleasantly surprised by the little can of flowers on the door knob!
have you ever participated/celebrated May Day?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Loved this ! I wish I was close enough to be a recipient of May Day Love from those adorable kids ;) I did do this myself as a child - I remember taking mine to the lobby of a retirement home (all by myself, walking up to the top of the hill behind our house) and feeling very happy at the results. Its a very happy, sweet thing to do. Way to go !

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hillary said...

Funny thing, those look a LOT like a picture posted by a flight nurse friend of ours, with a caption referring to what the neighbor kids left her.....I'm considering it a coincidence? :)

Joni said...

My big kids decided they wanted to participate in the tradition this year. I bought a big bag of candy, we got out our red solo cups and filled them with candy and popcorn (that's what we've gotten from other people out here in the midwest). They delivered them at 7:30 in the morning - I feel bad for my neighbors, but they had a blast delivering them.