Wednesday, August 10, 2011

i heart art

my girl is a little nervous about going back to school...
5th grade is making her nervous...
so I made her a little shirt to help calm her down...


I saw this cute shirt on a blog last Friday...
source-The 36th AVENUE
I liked her version of the Old Navy shirt...
but actually liked the ON one better...
Old Navy version...via The 36th AVENUE post

so...I bought the girl a plain white t...
washed and dryed it...
gathered all the materials...
ruler
washable fabric pen (to sketch the lines and doodles before using the sharpies***)
***sharpies***

and have some fun...

I really liked how it turned out...
...but then...then I learned a very painful lesson...
***Sharpies*** aren't as permanent as I once thought...
and yes, I heat set the shirt before it got wet...

I let the girl wear it to church on Sunday and then...
then... the 'popcorn incident of 2011' happened...
and well, popcorn butter...water...and bleeding of sharpies...

***Blog Note***...do not attempt to make this shirt with Sharpies unless you like the bleeding look...
...so now off to the store to buy REAL fabric markers...

wow...they aren't as cheap as Sharpies...and Sharpies aren't cheap!
and I couldn't get a decent package with a good combo of colors...
I really liked the color combo of the first Sharpie shirt I made, but couldn't find that color combo in a single package of fabric markers and I was NOT going to buy two different packages...YIKES...
so anyways, I had to settle on a different color combo...
but this combo won't bleed like the Sharpie version...

 hey, you have a birdy on your shoulder...

mom, you said NO pictures of my face...

and the girl is very happy with it also...
now the boy child wants a boy version...off to create!

No comments: