Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Menu for June 14-20th

oh, wow...

I knew it had been awhile since I had posted a menu...
I could tell because dinner has been really...really...really frustrating the last few weeks...

and then i looked on my blog and it hasn't been weeks...but months since I posted a menu...the last week of March/first week of April...2 months...YIKES...
which means months since I made a menu...
and without a menu grocery shopping has been hit and miss...
...I hit the store...buy stuff...but miss anything that would make a decent meal in our house!

Sunday I knew it was time...
I had to bite the bullet and make a menu and a decent grocery list...
and then go grocery shopping...on SUNDAY...
yes SUNDAY...
grocery shopping on Sunday might be breaking the 4th commandment
(remember the Lords day and keep it holy!)...
but for my family I risked it!...
and a grocery list that should have taken 45 min max
(I was shopping sans kids)
took me 2 hours because it was Sunday
and because apparently EVERYONE else goes shopping at 5 pm
on Sunday
with all of their kids
and they might even borrow the neighbor kids to take along!!!

sorry about the tangent...I learned a lesson, go grocery shopping before it becomes a dire situation in the house and you won't be forced to grocery shop with the rest of the world, their kids, and their neighbors kids...


Monday, June 14th

Tuesday, June 15th
Oriental Chicken Salad and fried rice


Wednesday, June 16th
BBQ'd Pulled Pork Sandwiches-in the crock pot
and baked beans


Thursday, June 17th
Chicken, Veggie, & Fruit Kabobs with rice


Friday, June 18th
Hamburgers


Saturday, June 19th
Tex Mex Taco Salad


Sunday June 20th....
Pepper Lime Chicken and Cucumber Salad


that's what I got so far...will post a few of these recipes this week...all nice easy, cool recipes for summer...

No comments: